Thursday, April 26, 2012

So guess what... No more cancer!!!


So guess what… I DON’T HAVE CANCER ANYMORE!!!  Today I went to get a PET-scan and after the doctor got the results I called him and he said I am cancer free.  What a relief.  I now need to meet with my doctor every 4 months for the next 2 year, and then I will still meet with him for every 6 months for the following 3 years.

I have heard it said our bodies don’t wear out they rust out.  During the past 6 months I have gained 50 lbs.  So on Monday I am meeting with a Physical Therapist to see what I can do to get back into good shape.  I still have to be careful because I still have that pulmonary embolism sitting in my lower right lung.  But I’m sure the Physical Therapist and I can work with that.  Riding my bike and running I think will be what I want to do, but that doesn’t mean that’s what will happen.

Here are some words of advice from Clayton McIntyre.  “Don’t get cancer, it sucks.”

6 comments:

  1. Hi Clayton, just wanted to tell you that you won the Bike Valet giveaway! You haven't received my facebook messages and I can't think of any other way to contact you other than doing this... anyhow here's the link where we announced you the winner: http://www.gearhungry.com/2012/04/bike-valet-giveaway-winner.html

    Plz hit www.thebikevalet.co to choose a color, then email us your choice and mailing address at gearhungry@gmail.com - and then please delete this comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your post from February about D&D helping you through chemo. As a fellow gamer, I shared your post Facebook page. Now I read this and just went "Woo Hoo!!!" which I was pretty sure you couldn't hear, so I figured I would post and tell you.

    Wonderful news! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, there should have been an "on my" in that sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Paster Phil. I really need to do an update on this blog, like how i have a new job and everything.

    ReplyDelete