Saturday, February 4, 2012

I want to ride my Bicycle.

I like riding my bike.  I miss it a lot.  Reading this guest blogger’s article made me want to gird up my fetching loins and go on a ride.  I really like ridding my mtn bike with Liliana on it.  We just go around the neighborhood, looking at the houses and people nearby, we actually found a nice little park for her.  Rides with here usually take about 10 to 20 mins.  But this week I went on a ride on my road bike… all by myself.  I rode from my house to Wal-Mart and back, totaling 8.5 miles.  Now for all you riders out there this does not seem like a lot but let me tell you, you’re right.  I was never an awesome rider but I was able to ride a 56 miler one time.  I left from here in Escondido went down Del Dios highway to Del Mar, followed the PCH to La Jolla, cut across Mira Mar to Pomerado rd. and took that all the way back to Escondido.  So my little 8.5 miler was not as cool but it is a good start.  I picked up a twelve pack of coke too.



For those of you who don’t know what a century ride is, it is a 100 mile bike ride.  I want to ride a century and there are tons of them here in the San Diego area.  It doesn’t have to be an organized ride, even though the Ocotillo Stage Coach Ride sounds cool.  But as long as I can hit 100 miles in one day that’s all that matters to me.  Does anyone have any tips on how to train for a century ride?  I especially want to ride out in the desert I like it out there better then the coast line.  March 30th is my last chemo treatment and I plan on getting back on my bike for real and go to town.  So if anyone has any good suggestions on some routes I would love know to about them, MOUTAIN TRAILS TOO!!!

1 comment: