Sunday, January 22, 2012

Grilled cheese made me fat.

Before chemo
Well, I am fat.  Chemotherapy has not affected my appetite.  Before I found out I had cancer I was riding my bike a lot and had a job that was a keeping me on my feet jumping from delivery truck to delivery truck at Fed-Ex Ground.  That all coupled with the one of the signs of Hodgkin’s Lymphoma which is unexplained weight loss, I got all the way down to 184lbs… but now I am at 220lbs.  I have gained 36lbs in the past four or so months, and I am feeling it.  I have to rock myself out of the car, when I get up from squatting I have to grab something to pull myself up and now I’m back in my fat cloths.
Now

Now it’s not the chemo’s fault because I am the one who is eating the food I do and not exercising at all.  Let me show you one of the main culprits of my weight gain, the grilled cheese sandwich.  Now this is no regular grilled cheese sandwich this is one of my own creations that is so delicious you will be shocked at how easy it is.  I took a picture of what you will need so it will be easy for you to figure out.  

1.      First off you will need bread, I usually use Sourdough bread but we did not have any so I had to settle for potato bread, it was not as good so I am sorry that I am showing a substandard grilled cheese sandwich.

2.       You need your cheese.

3.       You will need Mayonnaise.

4.       Last but not least Philadelphia crème cheese.

Spread the crème cheese on one of the pieces of bread, make sure it is evenly spread because if there is a clump it will be molten lava hot when you start eating it.  Then spread the Mayonnaise on the outside of the bread like you would your butter or margarine.  Then put your choice of cheese and grill it up.  Be prepared for deliciousness.  Now is it any wonder why I have gained 36 lbs in the past few months?

1 comment: